Pasta is a form of noodle which is made of durum wheat, eggs, and water. It is then given shapes and boiled in water. Consequently, nowadays the pasta is made of common wheat. Manufacturers don’t use the durum wheat to make pasta in the traditional way. On the contrary, other wheat options such as barley and buckwheat are also in use to make pasta. Under such conditions, it is tough to get gluten free pasta. In addition to it, pasta is being refined during the manufacturing process. This, in turn, minimizes the nutrient content in it.
How Many Types Of Pasta Are There?
Here is a list of various types of pasta which we commonly consume. Most of these are gluten free pasta. If you are a celiac disease patient, don’t hesitate to eat some delicious pasta dishes.
Why Should You Consume Pasta?
There are a number of reasons which will benefit your health. For example, pasta contains folic acid, sustains energy and has zero cholesterol content. Moreover, for people suffering from autoimmune diseases, there is gluten free pasta too. Here is a list of reasons why you should eat pasta.
- Pasta is a filling dish, keeps you full for a long span of time.
- To prepare any pasta recipe, you don’t need many ingredients. Hence, it’s healthy and cheap.
- Pasta is a multi-purpose ingredient and you can prepare all kinds of recipes. You can have it as an appetizer, in the main course, side dish, dessert, breakfast and in salads.
- It comes in a variety of shapes and style which allows you to cook various recipes.
- It has benefits of fighting diseases like colon and stomach cancer.
- Pasta is a great ingredient which can help you in weight loss.
- As pasta has low sodium content, it has little risk of heart diseases, diabetes, and blood pressure.
- Pasta has very little fat content which makes it a healthy option for snacking.
- Whole grain pasta has a low glycemic index. This, in turn, helps in controlling blood sugar levels and obesity.
- You can preserve pasta for a long time period. As it is made of grains, it can last for months without being damaged.
Is Gluten Free Pasta Healthy?
The traditional style of making pasta contains gluten but there is gluten free pasta variant available in the market too. Gluten is a protein element which is often harmful to some people. These are the people who suffer from autoimmune diseases such as celiac disease, wheat allergy, etc. Gluten intolerant people often face trouble with gluten intake. On the contrary, gluten-tolerant people have no problem with it. Under such conditions, pasta without gluten is healthy for both gluten tolerant and intolerant people.
Now it doesn’t matter if you are gluten intolerant or tolerant. There are pasta variants available for all kind of people. These are completely healthy and harmless.